Do you ever have a hard time eating all the vegetables from your garden? For us, our zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers and green beans grew like weeds this summer! So, we created this recipe to use up some of our vegetables & it was tasty!
Garden Fresh Chicken Stew
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 1 bell pepper (diced)
- 2 cups green beans (trimmed)
- 3 sticks of celery (chopped)
- 6 medium size tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1.) Slice your tomatoes into quarters and place them in a large pot. Add salt, garlic powder, black pepper, chili powder and cumin. Add chopped onion, celery and bell pepper. Add 1/2 cup water. Cover and let it simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes or until the tomatoes break down into a sauce.
2.) In a separate pan, dice and cook chicken with olive oil. Add to the large pot.
3.) Add green beans. Cover the pot and let this simmer on low heat for roughly 20 minutes.
4.) Add chopped zucchini and simmer for another 20 minutes, keeping it on low heat.
- This is a great meal to make while you’re doing other things around the house! Enjoy!